Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

WS-X4013 - SUP II for CAT 4000 Board Layout

I can't find a board layout showing the Flash, DRAM and NVRAM locations of the WS-X4013 anywhere on CCO.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: WS-X4013 - SUP II for CAT 4000 Board Layout

I tried to find more info on this but didnot get any. This product is EOL so they have taken all the docs out of the server.

regards,

-amit singh

The best I could come up with is this:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat4000/hw_doc/cn7259.htm

From the title, it looks like it applies to both the S I and the S II. However, it is evident from the diagrams that they are illustrating an S I (no uplink ports, and only a single K2 chip). It is also rather evident that they are considerably different - I have one of each in front of me now.

The good and the bad news is that there is only one removable module on each, and that must be the DRAM. In the S I it is at the back right hand side like the document, and in the S II it is at the front.

I have no idea which chip is the flash, but it is soldered in. There is, however, a socket that looks like it might be for a flash expansion. In the S I it is in position U33, towards the front on the right hand side. In the S II it is U76, and is in the right corner, just behind the reset switch. I cannot guarante that is for flash - I am only guessing.

That's the best I can do for the moment.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.