Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

WS-X5410 and cam permanent doesn´t work

Howdy,

I have a 5505 (CatOS version 6.1(1)) with a WS-X5410(sw version is 4.2(1)). I have found that if i set a cam permanent in one port of the WS-X5410 and that port gets down and up, that cam permanent doesn´t work. I must make a "clear cam permanent..." and then "set cam permanent..." to make it work.

Someone knows why this is happening?, perhaps there is a bug that i can´t be able to find...

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: WS-X5410 and cam permanent doesn´t work

I do not have specific bug idea, but I would suggest upgrading the code on the WS-X5410. 4.2.1 was the very first version of software to run on the WS-X5410. This indeed code be a bug, the WS-X5410 is different than other line cards, it is basically a 4912G switch on a blade.

Re: WS-X5410 and cam permanent doesn´t work

We've encountered the same symptoms with "cam permanent" using Stonebeat firewalls with multi-cast MAC for the cluster IP. We have 2 CAT4006 switches with SUP-II modules WS-X4013 running CatOS 6.3(5). While testing firewall fail-over capabilies, we noticed that the switches don't forward ethernet packets as specified by the "cam permanent" configurations. As soon as we "clear cam permanent", the connectivity resumes. Our work-around is therefore not to use the "cam permanent" commands, which means, unfortunately, that all traffic sent to the Stonebeat cluster IP is multi-casted to every port on that VLAN. But hey; better a little too much traffic than none at all!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content