Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

x25 to tcp Translation

A server (Ethernet card) will call a X25 switch for authentication purposes. I used translate tcp 192.168.13.12 port 9100 x25 5555. Actually the connection is opening but this first day i get an update from the application software engineer that Some messages seems to be corrupted. Actually the result study is not yet ready & i will check myself this But i would like to know how the translation is done. I didn't really find any DOC (theoretically approximation) explaining how the sessions are opened between the router handling the translation & the two ends, How the parquets are translated ( by field) so that all headers & load will stay the same.

N.B: THE purpose is not Telnet or PAD of course , it's a certification authority application to run between the two ends.

---------------------x----------------------

A server (Ethernet card) will call a X25 switch for authentication purposes. I used translate tcp 192.168.13.12 port 9100 x25 5555. Actually the connection is opening but this first day i get an update from the application software engineer that Some messages seems to be corrupted. Actually the result study is not yet ready & i will check myself this But i would like to know how the translation is done. I didn't really find any DOC (theoretically approximation) explaining how the sessions are opened between the router handling the translation & the two ends, How the parquets are translated ( by field) so that all headers & load will stay the same. N.B: THE purpose is not Telnet or PAD of course , it's a certification authority application to run between the two ends.

If you can tell or send doc.

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: x25 to tcp Translation

There is no good docs on this, unfortunately.

However, all that happens is a simple

translation: the TCP/IP header is

completely removed, and the subsequent

payload is encapsulated into X25 (not

a PAD call). There are options on

the translate command that you can enable,

and they should be self-explanatory.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content