Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

x25 to tcp Translation

A server (Ethernet card) will call a X25 switch for authentication purposes. I used translate tcp 192.168.13.12 port 9100 x25 5555. Actually the connection is opening but this first day i get an update from the application software engineer that Some messages seems to be corrupted. Actually the result study is not yet ready & i will check myself this But i would like to know how the translation is done. I didn't really find any DOC (theoretically approximation) explaining how the sessions are opened between the router handling the translation & the two ends, How the parquets are translated ( by field) so that all headers & load will stay the same.

N.B: THE purpose is not Telnet or PAD of course , it's a certification authority application to run between the two ends.

---------------------x----------------------

A server (Ethernet card) will call a X25 switch for authentication purposes. I used translate tcp 192.168.13.12 port 9100 x25 5555. Actually the connection is opening but this first day i get an update from the application software engineer that Some messages seems to be corrupted. Actually the result study is not yet ready & i will check myself this But i would like to know how the translation is done. I didn't really find any DOC (theoretically approximation) explaining how the sessions are opened between the router handling the translation & the two ends, How the parquets are translated ( by field) so that all headers & load will stay the same. N.B: THE purpose is not Telnet or PAD of course , it's a certification authority application to run between the two ends.

If you can tell or send doc.

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: x25 to tcp Translation

There is no good docs on this, unfortunately.

However, all that happens is a simple

translation: the TCP/IP header is

completely removed, and the subsequent

payload is encapsulated into X25 (not

a PAD call). There are options on

the translate command that you can enable,

and they should be self-explanatory.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content