Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

xDSL bridge-group subscriber trunk operation

I'm trying to understand the exact operation of the 'subscriber policy' on 'bridge groups', specifically the significance of the 'trunk' or 'subscriber' attribute for interfaces.

From page <http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1826/products_feature_guide09186a0080080e7f.html>, in the step "Assign a subscriber bridge group and indicate whether the interface is upstream or downstream from the traffic flow." it says "bridge-group bridge-group [subscriber-trunk]" (where the second 'bridge-group' is a parameter).

What I'm looking for is something like the following:

"When the policy is set to bcast deny, broadcast packets from subscriber interfaces on the bridge are sent only to the trunk interface, and not to all other subscriber interfaces." And then how are broadcast packets received from the trunk interface handle?

Thanks for your support.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: xDSL bridge-group subscriber trunk operation

Probably the broadcast from trunk ports are also denied. If a subscriber is initiating a session, then the server would know the address of the subscriber to which the data can be unicast. But, I don't have a reference material to confirm my understanding.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content