Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

xot-keepalive-period and xot-keepalive-tries problem

hi,

i configured a xot-connection between two routers.

router A has a x25 device on it´s s0/1 and router B has also a x25-device on it´s

s0/1.

between the router ,there is a ip-cloud.

i configured the x25-xot routes in the following wa (router A):

!

version 12.2

service pad to-xot

service tcp-keepalives-in

service tcp-keepalives-out

!

x25 routing

!

x25 route .*0400001010$ interface Serial0/1

x25 route .*0433418...$ xot 10.21.160.18 xot-keepalive-period 30 xot-keepalive-tries 3 xot-source Loopback0

!

so for my understanding:

if the ip-connection to 10.21.160.18 is broken for more than 90sec. (3x30sec), the router has to cancel the x25-xot-connection to 10.21.160.18.

!

i tried several times, but it does not work.

i takes 4 minutes and about 30 sec. - then the router cancels the x25-xot routes to 10.21.160.18.

this is too long for my enviroment - the router should cancel after 90 seconds.

what did i wrong ???

i did a "debug x25 xot all" and saw no xot-pakets that could be a keepaliver every 30 seconds !!!!

has anyoune a idea ???

thanks for your help and greetings from austria !

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: xot-keepalive-period and xot-keepalive-tries problem

If we add add the "xot-keepalive-period 30 xot-keepalive-tries 3 " at the end of "x25 route 900535 interface Serial0/1" in both of the routers we are going to aware of the keepalive behavior of TCP received calls.At the moment we are just aware of the keepalive behavior of calls sent to the TCP.

Following is the description of the two options:

"xot-keepalive- period n",specifies the TCP keepalive period where n is the number of seconds between keepalives.

If specified with the x25 route x121-address interface command, this option controls the keepalive behavior of TCP received calls. If specified with x25 route x121-address ip command, this option controls the keepalive behavior of calls sent to the TCP.

"xot-keepalive- tries p" specifies the number of times keepalives should be sent before dropping the connection. The default for p is 4.

If specified with the x25 route x121-address interface command, this option controls the behavior of TCP received calls. If specified with x25

route x121-address ip command, this option controls the behavior of calls sent to the TCP.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content