cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

1721 with DDR ISDN connecting to VPN 3030

andrewharding
Level 1
Level 1

I need to connect a mobile office to a central site using a secure POP dial-up, and a central-site VPN 3030. The mobile office consists of a small LAN with around five workstations. I have tried two methods :

1) Mobile LAN -> VPN3002 -> 1603R -> ISP -> VPN3030 -> Central LAN

2) Mobile LAN -> 1721 (ISDN, crypto IOS) -> ISP -> VPN3030 -> Central LAN

With method 1, PAT mode works fine, with the line being dropped according to the short timeout specified (to save on sat calls). Unfortunately, in Network Extension Mode, the hardware client IKE keeps rekeying after short periods of inactivity, thus keeping the line up. IKE and IPSEC timeouts are high, so it's not them.

With method 2, I have the crypto map assigned to BRI0. When I make a connection attempt to, say, the corporate intranet from a mobile LAN workstation, the router drops the packet saying "crypto connection pending, packet dropped". If I ping the concentrator public interface from the router, the line comes up, but the tunnel is not established (that's OK, I've set the match address on the crypto map to the workstation IP). If I THEN try accessing the intranet, the router happily negotiates the tunnel, and I get access.

Does anyone know

a) how to stop the hardware client from trying to rekey? There's a bug that looks related - but no joy there. Tried VPN 3.6.3 this morning, no fix.

AND / OR

b) how to get the 1721 to dial when it sees traffic for the crypto map. The dialer-list is permit ip.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Andrew

1 Reply 1

r-simpson
Level 3
Level 3

Here's a link that might be helpful for troubleshooting your VPN problem:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/471/vpn_solution.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: