Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 PIX backup

i have two internet connections with one PIX for each connection i want to make configuration to make the backup between the two connections

2 REPLIES

Re: 2 PIX backup

Hi

What you can do out here is using either failover option or Active/Active load balancing option.

With failover option configured your redundancy will be assured.

But you need to check the licensing parameters for the same before start doing the configurations.

do refer this link for licensing info.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_data_sheet09186a00800b0d85.html

regds

Re: 2 PIX backup

hi the best thing u can do is set failover between the 2 pix and set the ur internet routers as a hsrp group and set the default route on the pix for internet pointing to the virtual ip of the hsrp group. u can also enable interface tracking on the hsrp routers to track their connections for internet.

if u are using the new 7.2.1 code u can set tracking over a static route. which will ping a particular destination and on non availability of the destination will help to switch over to a another link . but this will not work with hsrp.

so u can make ur choices . i feel the first one is more scalable.

hope this helps.

regards

sebastan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content