Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

2 VPN connections from the same public IP

Does anyone know of any settings that need to be enabled when 2 users on the same local network try to vpn into a network from the same public IP? Is there some type of setting on the Pix 515 or Concentrator 3000?

10 REPLIES

Re: 2 VPN connections from the same public IP

Need more info. But, hopefully, this little bit of information will be of value. I have a 3005 VPN concentrator... needed to allow multiple sessions from a single IP and I enalbed IPSec over NAT-T (Transparency) on the concentrator to allow this to happen.

We are running PPTP, so I don't know if that would apply, but I enabled and I'll let you know.

Well that didn't work, we aren't using IPsec. What other information woudl you need? We are using PPTP.

Hi, have you set the "fixup protocol pptp 1723" option for PAT to work properly? (assuming you are using PAT). Please post your config if you need further help.

Sincerely,

Simon Laurin

Here it is, Let me know if i'm not supose to post the entire config.

Hi,

It is generally ok to post configurations, but please hide public IP addresses and password hashes going forward. Can you please confirm the direction of the traffic?

i.e. user -> interface -> interface -> PPTP Server.

Sincerely

Simon Laurin

user>outside int>intf2 (dmz)> vpn concentrator 3005. Does that help?

Hi again,

I don't see the static NAT statement that would translate packets from the outside interface to the intf2 interface in your configuration... ?

Such as "static (intf2,outside) public_ip vpn_concentrator_private_ip netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0"

and corresponding ACL or "sysopt connection permit-pptp"

Sincerely

Simon Laurin

Does this help?

Hi,

It is not in there... You will need to add a static statement as described in the previous message to pass traffic between your "outside" interface and "intf2" interface with a corresponding ACL applied to the "outside" interface, direction inbound, for example "permit tcp any host outside_static_ip_address eq pptp" then "fixup protocol pptp 1723" should do the rest of the job for you.

Sincerely

Simon Laurin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content