Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 vpn tunnels over one interface

As the title suggests, I am trying two create to VPN tunnels over a single ISDN circuit. But, I am wondering how to apply two crypto maps to that single interface, and how the interface will know which one to use. If anyone has any experience or advice on this I would love to hear from you.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 2 vpn tunnels over one interface

Hi,

You can only apply one crypto map to an interface. You would need to define different instances of the same crypto map for the vpn tunnels that you are trying to create.

You can find a sample config at: http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/707/ios_hub_spoke2.html

Please take a look at the configuration of the "Hub Router", there are multiple instances of the crypto map "mymap" defined.

Thanks

Ranjana

Re: 2 vpn tunnels over one interface

Thanks for the link. What I want to do is a bit different than that. I'll try to explain it a little better: Router 'a' is a spoke conencted to the hub via IPSEC VPN. I would like to add router 'b', by creating a IPSEC VPN directly to router 'a', without traversing the HUB. It seems like I should be able to get it to work, but everything I've tried so far is failing.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content