cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

(223 )director not showing Sensor (3.0 S5) alarms

seth.leone
Level 1
Level 1

There is a sensor icon on the nrDirMap and I see an occasional NetSweep w/Echo alert once in a blue moon, however, generally there has been nothing.

Looking at the CSIDD223 troubleshooting section didn't do much for me....can anyone tell me where exactly the Minimal MArginal and Minimal Critical settings are 'cause they are not located on my HP map settings as described below...??

-->

Symptom The Director’ s security map contains a sensor icon, but fails to show any events for that Sensor.

Explanation The Director’s severity status attributes are set higher than the level of alarms being generated by the Sensor.

Recommended Action Click the Sensor icon and then either press Ctrl-O, or click

Edit>Describe/Modify. Then click NetRanger/Director and click View/Modify. Ensure that the

Minimum Marginal and Minimum Critical status thresholds are low enough to register events from

the Sensor in question.

1 Reply 1

mmellet
Level 3
Level 3

The steps in the Trouble Shooting Section are incorrect. Refer to the following section in the configuration and operations guide for accurate steps:http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/csids/csids7/unix_cfg/intro.htm#xtocid1725518