cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.0(1)S4

rcrowe
Level 1
Level 1

has anyone installed and had any problems with shunning not working with version 3.0(1)S4??? I know it is a known bug, I just want to get a feel if alot of people are experiencing it.

6 Replies 6

kleem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only issue with shunning in CSIDS 3.0 identified in the release notes is that it does not support the ShunNet command from the management platforms. No other shunning problems have been reported or are outstanding. What specifically is the problem you are experiencing?

well i have a 4210 v2.5(1)S3 and CSPM v2.3 (which just got upgraded to 2.3.1). I am controlling a 7206 routers FastEthernet0/0 interface with the sensor. What happens sometimes is when i modify a signature from CSPM, say from just IPLOG, to IPLOG and TCPReset and then Save and Update, it looks like everything is fine, it generates and updates and everything is cool. But what happens is nr.packetd stops or hangs on the sensor. when i do a "idsvers" i get "error timeout" for sensor. when i do a "idsstatus" it shows the service running. i have to manually do a "idsstop" and "idsstart". after this everything seems to start working correctly. I can log in to the router, see the access-list, do a who and it shows the connection. im stumped.

Your sensor is running v2.5? There are a number of shun issues with 2.5. All of the known shun problems except ShunNet should be fixed once you upgrade the sensor to v3.0.

In your statement you say that nr.packetd stops responding to the idsvers command. I was not aware of any issue where nr.packetd stopped responding. However, there is a known issue with nr.managed where it would stop responding after a reconfiguration by CSPM or the Unix Director. This issue has been fixed and testing in v3.0.

great! that was were i was headed with the origianal question. was just checking to see any problems people were having before upgrading the sensor to v3.0. thanks everyone for the quick response.

younggon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I have Cisco 4230 and CSPM v2.3. I was upgarde signature below step.

step 1 : IDS-sp-2.5-1-S0.bin

step 2 : IDS-sig-2.5-1-S2.bin

step 3 : IDS-sig-2.5-1-S3.bin

stop 4 : IDSk9-sp-3.0-1-S4.bin (some trouble occur):

So I was remove all and restore using Cisco Sensor software CD. (That is Linux Lilo -.-)

Because I don't know why Cisco Sensor not work.

1 : remove all (Cisco Sensor Software CD)

2 : IDSk9-sp-3.0-1-S4.bin

Now Cisco Sensor working well