cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.5.1 VPN Client through MS Proxy Server 2.0

b_fisher
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect to a remote site using the Cisco 3.5.1 VPN client. My users (Win 98, 2000, XP Pro) access the internet through a Microsoft Proxy Server 2.0 box. When I try to connect I get a Remote Peer is no longer responding error.

I also have RRAS installed on the same machine as Proxy Server. When I run a Microsoft VPN dialup session to my Proxy Server, then run the Cisco Client, I contact the security gateway, authenticate, then I see negotiating security policies, and Securing communication channel, and it stops right there.

Any help?

1 Reply 1

cjacinto
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

VPN would work with PAT or NAT say using IPSec over TCP or IPSec over UDP, but it would not work with proxy firewalls as you would have invalid identities. If you look at your logs on the vpn concentrator head end with the debugs, you would probably get something like proxy identities not supported errors.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: