cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.5 IPsec client over USB->CVPN3030

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

I have a user with a Win2K /Cisco IPsec with USB connection to a cable modem (in Australia). He has a routable IP address and supposedly no restrictions on VPN use from his ISP. The tunnel establishes...but then no packets are sent or received over the tunnel. Has anyone else seen problems with IPsec over USB? Any other thoughts? I have hundreds of successful VPN users client-concentrator. But nearly all are using ethernet to DSL or Cable modem. Thanks - I'm stuck! :-)

4 Replies 4

afakhan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

To make sure that problem is related with USB port connection, please try using the NIC from the same PC to connect to the same concentrator, and see if that works, if it does, then its USB issue.

You can open up TAC case to further troubleshoot it.

Regards,

Afaq

CVPN client is working for him over a dialup Internet connection. He was checking (he's in Australia) whether or not his cable modem had a 10/100BT interface. Waiting for his reply. Thanks.

Phillip Remaker
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is he going through a NAT device? If so, make sure he ticks the "NAT" option in the connect options.

s.bischoff
Level 1
Level 1

You should have a look at the MTU-Size. The Tunnel is established but no data can pass the tunnel. Try to use the SetMTU-Tool which come with your Client-Installation. For PPPoE connection try to set MTU-Size to 1390 Bytes. One of our Clients has had nearly the same problem and this solution fixed it.

Stefan