cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3.5sw on VPN3030 Crashing 1x every 30 days or so.

mmedwid
Level 3
Level 3

We have an active cvpn3030 with 85-100 users with tunnels up at any one time. A combo of PPTP and IPsec client sessions and a couple of IPsec lan-2-lan sessions. Twice now in the last three months the box has frozen up. The first time this happened TAC asked me for log files - but by that time the logs had rolled over and into cyber oblivion. (Funny how these things never happen when you're in the office or near a computer.) Anyhow - I wound up upgrading to 3.5 from an earlier version because of this same problem. 3.5 has definitely lessened the frequency - but the problem still exists. Can anyone with a similar amount of traffic or more confirm the issue? Is there a version that is still more solid? Thanks.

1 Reply 1

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if it’s an intermittent hardware issue. I don’t use PPTP so maybe there’s a software bug you’re uncovering in your specific environment that is causing this. But keep logging and try to capture when the problem happens for the TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: