cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3 Remote 1 Central, DSL and Dial Backup

jeffrey.lawson
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at moving our offices over to high speed SDSL from T1 and Frame. UUNet provides the most respected (though pricey) DSL service around and I could use them at all 4 locations. They provide a Netopia m7100 DSL dumb router with an ethernet connection. I want the ability to do voip in the future so I am going to put 1750s at the remote sites (they all have less than ten users). At my Central office I am installing a 2612 (token and ether) with 2 wic 1enet cards so I can use UUnet and another DSL line for redundancy and load balancing (I know that docu's say the IOS doesn't support wic 1enets but I have been on the line with Cisco engineers and they say it will be completely tested this month). What I am most interested in, would be the dialup vpn backup aspect. I am not sure what is the best option for dial in backup from the remote sites to the central office. If one of the links goes down from a remote site, or if say UUNet goes down, at any time all three sites may not be able to access the main site. Would the best option be to have each remote site dial into a 3rd isp with a static address, configure eigrp and 2 tunnels, one to each Central Office isp address, or should I just use a direct dial approach with 1 connected to the 1750s and 3 connected to the 2612. Is this even possible. Sorry if this is vague, I am new and a little confused.

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

The focus of this board is Virtual Private Networks, however, there are a number of professionals online who may be able to assist you. We are always considering additional forums for such topics and I will make a note of your post.

If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online at http://www.cisco.com or speak with a design engineer at your local Cisco office or reseller. You can locate your local Cisco representative from this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/servpro/contact.html

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: