cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3002 not keeping password after powering off

bponseti
Level 1
Level 1

We have been deploying some new 3002 VPN client hardwared devices. When they power off or temporarily lose power they do not reconnect as the password information is not being held. They are set up and saved just like our previous deployed units that are not having this problem. Anyone encounter this before? If so, any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you talking about the group password or the user password? If the group password then honestly I have no idea, will do some more research if you reply back telling me so.

I'd be more inclined to think it's the user password, in which case are these new 3002's connecting into a different group on the head-end concentrator as your previously deployed units? Under the group settings under the Client Config tab on the head-end concentrator there's a setting called "Allow Password Storage on Client", this needs to be checked for the 3002 (or any SW client) to be able to store the user password.

Thanks for the response. Unchecking the local storage of password was the solution. Keeping it on the concentrator seems to have been the fix.