cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3030 outside interface

slerwin
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot ping the 3030 concentrator public interface from the gateway router. I can ping the gateway from the concentrator. The interface is up. There are no ACLs on the gateway router. The only device between the gateway and the concentrator is a hub. I can ping the pix 501 from the gateway which is on the same router.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Verify you don't have a duplicate address set up anywhere. Does the ARP table entry on the gateway router for the IP address of the 3030 actually match the MAC address of the 3030.

Check the Public filter (assigned to the public interface by default) has both the ICMP In and Out rules applied to it (under Config - Policy Mgmt - Traffic Mgmt - Filters).

To correct my previous statement I cannot ping the gateway router or anything else on the public interface, it does show to be up. It is connected to a hub and is set to 10bt and half-duplex. The MAC address of the 3030 on the gateway router matches the actual address of the public interface. ICMP in and out rule is applied to the public filter.

Verify that the public filter is indeed applied to the public interface under Config - Interfaces - Public. What if you set it to Auto for both speed and duplex? Strange problem, can you run "debug ip icmp" on the gateway router (assuming it's IOS) and then try and ping the router, this'll at least tell you if the ping is leaving the 3030 OK. You sure you don't have a static route or something odd pointing out the private interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: