cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3550 problem

lagartijo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i´m using a 3550 - 12G switch router as a core switch at my companys office, i have configure a series of vlan and the switch is making intervlan routing by default, the problem is that a i need to setup per vlan security, the classic extended acl´s are not an option because the scenario needs to have all vlan outbound traffic open and the inbound traffic restricted with just some ports open (www, ftp, Databases, ssh, etc.), i have tryed with reflexive acl but 3550 doesn´t support this feature neither CBAC and this is an urgent case. What can I do??

1 x Cisco 3550 - 12G (EMI) (core - InterVLAN Routing)

10 x Cisco 2950-SX Access Switch

3 x Cisco 2950-T Access Switch

2 Replies 2

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I think Reflective ACL is not available for Cat3550-12G.

Chechk the IOS feature you're looking at:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/Fusion/index.do

*CCO login required

The nearest hit is Time-based ACL, but probably not but relevant. Anyway, you can try to play around with it and see if you can make use of the time restriction features to allow/control any incoming access (via address), e.g allow any incoming access/traffic/addresses for maximum hours (based on time), and only deny incoming for 1 min (just an idea). Other options probably not really useful.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

AK

epang
Level 1
Level 1

Look into VACLs which is programmable in a 3550..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: