Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

3DES VPN encryption speeds

Does anybody know if there is any Cisco documentation that maps out what the maximum 3des encryption speeds are per router.

I am looking specifically for the Cisco2621 router without the AIM card.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: 3DES VPN encryption speeds

Hi Patrick,

The peroformance numbers without the AIM Cards are hard to get as the Processor is running other operations at the same time and would not be a hard number just for the VPN performance/throughput. The numbers with the AIM Card can be seen at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_data_sheet09186a0080088750.html

Additionally, you should contact your local Cisco SE or the Account team to get any performance numbers, they should be able to provide you with those.

Thanks,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc.

-=-=-

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick,

The peroformance numbers without the AIM Cards are hard to get as the Processor is running other operations at the same time and would not be a hard number just for the VPN performance/throughput. The numbers with the AIM Card can be seen at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_data_sheet09186a0080088750.html

Additionally, you should contact your local Cisco SE or the Account team to get any performance numbers, they should be able to provide you with those.

Thanks,

Aamir Waheed,

Cisco Systems, Inc.

-=-=-

Patrick,

An estimate from the following document, vpn_srnd.pdf, says 520 Kbps for the 2621 without the AIM. This is based on 65% CPU utilization, mixed packet sizes with 2 IPSEC/GRE tunnels. I would post the hyperlink, but I cannot remember the URL. If you like, reply to this post and I can email you the copy that I have.

RJ

RJ,

Thanks very much.

If you could please send me that pdf.

PL

No problem. What is your email address?

Views
Helpful
Replies