cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4 port not showing up on asa5510

sruzila
Level 1
Level 1

I just got an ASA 5510. It has ethernet ports 1-3...but 3 never shows up in ASDM nor when I do a sho int....any reason why?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

Do you mean port #3 not visible (show up) or the whole module is not detected by ASA?

I have been working with an ASA5510 with simmilar behavior. It has 4 Ethernet ports (plus the Management Ethernet port) but only 3 of the Ethernet ports are available for configuration. I believe that it is a licensing issue. Under our license we have Inside, Outside, and DMZ and the fourth port is not available. I assume that with different licensig the fourth port becomes available.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

The above is correct your ASA 5510 only has the Cisco ASA 5510 bundle base. Which only allows for 3 FE ports. Check out the below link for the descriptions of each of the bundles. From the ASDM on the main page on the license tab you can see what your are currently licensed for.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/prod_brochure0900aecd80402e36.html

OK, thanks guys. I figured it was stupid licensing thing.

Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: