Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4210 IDS Sensor

Does anyone know a way to cheaply control a 4210 sensor on a w2k box and NOT use VMS or some other expensive package? CSPM is perfect for what I want to do but Cisco says the old stand-alone version won't run on a w2k box, only NT, and the new version that WILL run on w2k is bundled up in a much more expensive package and not available as a stand-alone. Don't forget about the small businesses Cisco!!!! We don't all have big budgets!!

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 4210 IDS Sensor

The only currently shipping management products to use are v2.3.3i of CSPM running on NT 4.0, or v2.2.3 of the Unix Director running on Solaris with HP OpenView.

I can not duscuss future product plans and roadmaps. But rest assured that we have not forgotten our small business customers and the need for W2K support.

Cisco Employee

We haven't forgotten the small business. We are in the process of developing a scaled down management and event viewing application. The names are IDM (Intrusion Detection Manager) and IEV (Intrusion Detection Event Viewer). These products will ship for free with the 3.1 sensor release. The release dtae is still a bit foggy at this time.

The IDM is HTML based and will allow you to manage your sensors from any where you have a browser on the command and control network.

IEV is an event viewer that can accept feeds from up to 3 sensors that runs on top of a SQL database. IEV will initially be supported on Win NT 4.0 SP6 and Windows 2000 SP 1 + 2.

Just a little tid bit to whet your appetite.

Thanks for both your replies. I am glad to hear that this product is being developed. Is there even a rough ballpark guestimate on when this will be available?(not a binding guess of course) I am trying to keep my shop pure Cisco but am getting a little uneasy about putting IDS off for too much longer...

Cisco Employee

Just a guess, but I would expect end of first quarter 2002.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content