cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

45000 1 [synsent] sto 5000 syn Not rcvd!

mkunhi
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add my sensor to director and getting the erro no sesnor responding at Host ID: 30 Org ID 100 warning.

Sensor version 2.5(0)S0 CSPM 2.3.0

When I use nrconns it is giving the following error

45000 1 [synsent] sto 5000 syn Not rcvd!

nrstatus

Only four services are running Packetd is missing from there

I check all the configuration like host ID and Orgainsation ID everything seems to be O.K.

Any help will be highly apprciated

Thanks

3 Replies 3

yusuff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if packetd is not running, check the if you have configured the correct sniffing interface eg; spwr0 or iprb0 (depending on the sensor model)

on sensor, login as netrangr and run following command;

grep NameOfPacketDevice /usr/nr/etc/packetd.conf

you should receive something as follows;

NameOfPacketDevice /dev/spwr0

(spwr0 is your sensing interface, make sure on the director you configure accordingly.)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1925.htm#xtocid162254

Also, check to see if the interface is actually seeing network traffic.

You can manually put the sniffing interface into promiscuous mode to see if the interface is seeing network traffic. On the Sensor, run the snoop utility as user root (see below). The snoop command syntax is snoop -d name_of_interface (without /dev). You should see network traffic being displayed. Use ctrl-c to break out of snoop.

netrangr@sensor:/usr/nr

>su -

Password:

Sun Microsystems Inc. SunOS 5.6 Generic August 1997

# snoop -d spwr0

Using device /dev/spwr (promiscuous mode)

10.1.10.1 -> 224.0.0.10 IP D=224.0.0.10 S=10.1.10.1 LEN=60, ID=0

? -> (multicast) ETHER Type=0020 (LLC/802.3), size = 320 bytes

? -> * ETHER Type=9000 (Loopback), size = 60 bytes

10.1.10.1 -> 224.0.0.10 IP D=224.0.0.10 S=10.1.10.1 LEN=60, ID=0

^C

If you don't see any network traffic, then check your connections and cabling and if SPAN is configured correctly on the switch.

HTH

R/Yusuf

Thanks for your reply. But Actually I am not able to add the sensor to the CSPM.it is always giving the error "No sensor responding at Host ID :30 Org ID 100 Host ID warning.

Sensor and Director is connected through a hub (Out of Band network) and I am able to reach the sensor from the director machine .

All the configuration seems to be O.K

Director sensor

HostName:cspm1 Host Name:ids

IP: 172.16.0.10 IP: 172.16.0.30

Host ID : 10 Host ID:30

Org ID:100 OrgID:100

Org Name:adwea OrgName:adwea

yusuff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What you are saying is that the CSPM is not letting you add the sensor with Host ID 30 and Org ID 100, probably this means that you have another sensor configured already or you had it before and it has not removed successfully. I suggest either you reset the CSPM or do a fresh install and try again.

R/Yusuf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: