cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

501 vpn with win98 = slow performance

bob
Level 1
Level 1

A few of you probally have helpd me before and my vpn is up and running great. Thanks for all the help. I think i am missing something though (i will post config if you need it) i only have the very essentials to setting the vpn up.

I have wins configured but when i say ping server, it does resolve but takes a very long time to do so. Once it does the pings are to be expected for the type of lines i have.

WHen i tried to run a network app it did come up but it then timed out. (the app not the vpn) Same behavior as the ping.

So my question is this... How can i increase the performance of my vpn in regards to resolving and initial communication speed between a win2k machine and a win98 machine?

Im 99.9% sure that this is my fault in the configuration as after the inital min or so the pings are great and the performance is good. THen if i try to ping again the same story. Weird eh?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

Check if your PIX is getting lot of late collisions, this is most likely being caused by your hub being overwhelmed by the traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: