cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

506e Console Connection

gnites
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX with no idea what IP addresses are assigned to the Ethernet ports. Trying to connect via console cable with Hyper terminal settings 9600/8/n/1 no flow. If I cycle power I can see it boot to the prompt but it will not recognize any keystrokes. I've changed the baud rates only to get gibberish back and also changed to all available emulation types. Still not able to enter any commands. Anything else to check or try?

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Are you using the correct COM port?

Here you can find the console port settings for a cisco device:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/63/terminal_settings.html

If you find this post usefull

please don't forget to rate this

#########################################

#Iwan Hoogendoorn

Yes I'm using COM1 with the following settings: 9600/8/n/1 and no flow control. If I turn local echo on, under emulation, I can see keystrokes but after a command is entered and return is pressed I never return to the pixfirewall> prompt.

Try another cable and maybe another PC,

also try to use another terminal program like SecureCRT

This way you can narrow down the problem

If you find this post usefull

please don't forget to rate this

Iwan Hoogendoorn

are u using win xp.at times,i have seen that with win xp,the keystrokes do not work.try a pc with different os and that 'll work.

cheers!!

Sushil.

I've tried three different cables, no change in problem. I'll install win98 on a laptop and try to connect. I'll update with results.

Thx

gnites
Level 1
Level 1

Just tried a W2K workstation with Hyperterminal settings 9600/8/n/1 and no flow, still unable to connect.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: