Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

515 7.1 Redirecting traffic on the inside to different gateway

Hello,

I was trying to figure out if I can get my 515 running 7.1 code to redirect traffic to a different gateway on the inside of my network.

Basically I have two FW do to vendor connections.

My default gateway for the clients is my 515 but I need to redirect traffic for a 192.168.x network out the other firewall. When I look at the syslogs for my 515 the icmp our tcp or udp traffic destined to 192.168.0.0 is being denied. If I try to ping those networks from the 515 I'm able to ping just fine.

Any suggestion appreciated.

Patrick

All posts will be rated.

3 REPLIES

Re: 515 7.1 Redirecting traffic on the inside to different gatew

Hi,

The PIX does not route or redirect off the interface it received the packet. Unlike a router, the PIX cannot route packets back through the same interface where the packet was initially received.

The best way to go is to add a router in front of the pix...but is you can't, you might be able to do something by using more interface on the pix(physical or logical)

Hello,

I knew this was a limitation of 6.x and below. 7.x I thought they had changed some of the things like being able to now route on different vlans and I was hopeing that 7.x had the ability to tell the host to redirect there traffic.

But I guess I'm still stuck with what I want to do and was hopeing that 7.x would have had enhanced capabilites in this area.

Ohh well live with what I already knew. Thanks for the reply.

Patrick

No, That feature just apply to VPN traffic terminating in the PIX.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content