Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

515E failover

Hi All

I am considering purchasing the 515E failover package, I believe the two pixes synchronise their statefull connection information for out going connections. Can failover be configured for incoming VPN connections from other PIXES, routers, and vpn clients

Best regards

Karl Jones

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 515E failover

VPN tunnels are not transferred to the standby PIX, so in the event of a failover your tunnels will go down and have to be rebuilt.

Re: 515E failover

Thanks for replys

Is it possible to have someform of backup command on the remote site router to say, try this vpn server, if this doesnt work, or the tunnel breaks down, try another vpn server address.

Is it possible to terminate securely vpn connections for external companies (extranet vpn) into a 3600 router running GRE/IPSEC. My reseller recommended perhaps using a serperate box, not running GRE like a pix to terminate connections for external companies. The reason I ask is that we have a pix on the shelf, and could use this as well as a router for routing to "our" sites across the internet.

Best regards

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content