Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

515e tftp write problem

i changed the tftp server by reinstalling RHEL4 on a new bank of disks. i was using the ASDM command 'save running config to tftp server' and that was working well until the new install on the server. now the ASDM command returns an error "error writing tftp://a.b.c.d/newpix515e (timed out attempting to connect)". the server has args set as -c -s /tftpboot, and the file exists and is writeable. the line ahead of this error is ERR copy /noconfirm running-config tftp://a.b.c.d/newpix515e Cryptochecksum ---------- . I don't know if a checksum had been stored on the tftp server and that is now missing. Any idea what is wrong?

2 REPLIES

Re: 515e tftp write problem

Hi, I would test the new TFTP server with f.e. a router (copy running tftp). If this does not work, then you have a TFTP server problem. Can you check whther the port 69 is listening in the TFTP server machine?

Regards, Martin

Re: 515e tftp write problem

Hi Martin, I fixed the problem. It was configuration on the new tftpd startup script. I'm operational again and sad to say it was operator error.

-thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies