cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

831 isn't getting WAN DHCP IP address

dadams
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 831 config which was created by a consultant for VPN connections to our 3020s. This config was tested behind 2 different cable modems/routers and worked.

I put the same config on another 831 and tried it behind my DSL at home but the 831 is not getting a WAN DHCP IP address from the ISP's DSL router. What could be the problem?

TIA,

Dean

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

Since the configuration has been proven to work, it is likely that the IOS you are using on the 831 at home has a prob with DHCP. Please have a look at bug CSCeb36127 'Cisco 831 doesnt get IP address from DHCP server'. The workaround is to upgrade your IOS. A safe bet would be the IOS you are running on the 831 you are using for VPN connections to your 3020s

Since this is for VPN, I set the DSL router to bridge and tried to reconfigure the 831 to do the PPPoE authentication but don't see an example of how to do that. Any help?

TIA,

Dean

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: