Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

831 VPN Server

Can establish the VPN between EZ Vpn client software and the 831 router. I can ping the inside interface (e0) but I can't ping any inside hosts.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: 831 VPN Server

Hi,

What is the default gateway for the inside hosts? There is a possibililty that those hosts have a default route going somewhere else and don't have a route for the remote subnet pointing to the router.

HTH,

*Please rate if it helps.

Regards,

Kamal

I am using VPN client 4.8 to initiate the VPN to the 831 router to get to my main office. The workstation gets an ip address from the 831, however, I noticed that the default gateway the the workstaion has is its own ip address. I can't ping from that outside workstation to my inside workstations. I can ping the inside interface.

Cisco Employee

Need to check the NAtting on the router, as I mentioned earlier. Please make sure the VPN traffic is exempted from NAT .

Also, make sure if there's any L3 device in between the Lan and the router's inside intf, there should be appropriate routs on it for vpn pool n/w.

If there's no L3 device, then check the default gateway of the inside hosts, it should point to router's inside.

*Please rate if helped.

-Kanishka

Views
Helpful
Replies