Views
Helpful
Replies

877W router with Webserver inside - Strange Problem

onlize111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a strange problem and I cannot understand what is going on here. I hope that someone could help me.

I configured 877W router. Setup Firewall and NAT. I setup access from outside for my PCAnywhere workstation and for my Webserver. PCAnywhere and Webserver are located on a local LAN interface.

I cannot connect to the PCAnywhere at all. Something interesting is happening with the Webserver. I can connect to some basic pages with words only, for example page has a phrase ?Hello, this is a test?. If I try to open pages with some graphics on them, it cannot find the page. I cannot connect to ports 25, 80, or 110 on the Webserver (These ports are configured on the Firewall and configured with NAT).

Because I can connect to basic web pages, I am sure that NAT and firewall are configured correctly.

What can it be? Any ideas?

Thank you.

Igor L. Kravchenko.

3 Replies 3

onlize111
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I decided to attach my config file. Hope that this will help you to help me. :)

Thank you.

Igor Kravchenko.

kaachary
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does telnet to the webserevr on port 80, 110 works ?

If yes, then it is most likely be a packet size issue. O\Try reducing MSS on the LAN interface.

int vlan1

ip tcp adjust-mss 1400

exit

lower down the value, by 100 bytes till you get better results.

HTH,

-Kanishka

Thank you for your reply.

I can telnet to the ports 80 and 110. I cannot telnet to port 25.

I tried to lower MSS. The lowest that it would allow me to do was 552 but it did not help. I have the same problem.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Igor Kravchenko.