cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AAA beginners question

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up an ASA 5520 that will allow us to authenticate via SSH using Cisco Secure ACS. My issue is that once you ssh into the inside interface of the device, it will ask you for a login. I type in my domain account login and I SSH just fine. My issue lies when I attempt to use enable mode. When trying, I noticed in the syslog that everytime I tried my enable password, the syslog would say my domain account has been denied. Is there a way to fix this? I guess if it is happening on the ASA/Pix, it will happen on routers and switches as well.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks

Dwane

1 Reply 1

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dwayne-

Just want to make sure I got this right. You use your Domain password for the initial login and you want to use it for enable mode? If yes, read on.

In ACS, under your user account, then under TACACS+ Enable Password, select Windows Database.

In the ASA you will have to add the following line (assuming you're using TACACS):

aaa authentication enable console TACACS+ LOCAL

Please test this on a non-production box first .

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: