Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

about PIX-525 performance

I'm going to answer to an RFP with a PIX-525 FW. One of the customer questions (for which I don't have the answer) is regarding the total number of connection per second.

I have the total nb of concurrent connections which is 280,000 and the nb of simultaneous VPN tunnels which 2,000 but not the nb of connection per second. Any help ? I would appreciate if someone can provide me with that info and a link to a cisco document (as a proof to the customer).

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: about PIX-525 performance

Hi Mousser,

Its a very broad question. There are many parameters that play a role on this figure, e.g. are these http/url connections, if so how many bytes url, or voice connections, NAT or no NAT, etc.

For example 525 at max CPU, with no NAT, with 32-byte URL, the url connections/sec is about 13,235.

This is an internal engineering document. As I mentioned that are numerous combinations that can vary the results.

Thanks,

yatin

Re: about PIX-525 performance

Thanks yatin,

Someone (from Cisco) gave me the number 8,000 ... Unfortunately I can't remember his name. I guess this number is based on a different combination.

The bad think is that the customer have Netscreen numbers and he would like to compare them with Cisco ones.

Would it be possible to have a copy of the document you mentionned (or at least a summary of it) so I can provide it to the customer ?

Thanks in advance.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content