Views
Helpful
Replies

Access list for dynamic dns domain

befas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I want to have an access list entry for a dynamic dns.

In access-list configuration mode, when typing "permit mydomain.dyndns.org" I get the message "Translating "mydomain.dyndns.org"...domain server (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) [OK]".

Then i see with the show command for the access-list that there is an entry with the ip address with which the mydomain.dyndns.org is assigned for this time.

But after few hours, mydomain.dyndns.org is assigned an other ip address and the access-list entry is not working.

Is there any solution for this ind of problem or I am configuring something wrong ?

2 Replies 2

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

Check the lease time configuration in DHCP server,it might be configured in terms of hours once that time is over,dhcp will revoke the ip and lease a new ip from the pool.

I'm actually wanting to do the same thing. From what I'm thinking it has to resolve the IP address immediately because it's not a good idea to run a DNS search everytime the access-list is accessed.

I really hope someone would have an answer to this, maybe some kind of timer that would renegotiate the DNS lookup or something???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: