cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL's & ACE's

SnoopyDawg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a cisco catalyst 3750 24 port switch. I want to setup ACLs/ACEs so that certain users/IP addresses/ etc cannot access all ports (can only access specific ports). I don't fully understand the concept of ACE's/ACL's and need some step-by-step guidance. Can anyone assist? Is there some simple documentation for this? I'm using Cisco Network Assistant to manage the switch.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

srue
Level 7
Level 7

you probably want private vlans. this allows you to control individual port access in a single vlan. think of it as 'embedded vlans' - or a vlan within a vlan. some ports have access to all ports in the vlan, other ports have access to no other ports.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12240se/scg1/swpvlan.htm#

The information provided in the above link is "all good"; however, it is a lot of "technical theory" and "how-to's". Right now, I need more of a layman's solution specific to my need. I could call in an expert to do this but I'd rather state my need and have someone provide me with the specific, step-by-step instructions to accomplish the task.

I will re-post more specifics about my requirements in a few days.

Thanks