Views
Helpful
Replies

ACL to allow PC anywhere connection

kanwaljeet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing problem with pcanywhere connection through my PIX firewall.

I have an access-list which says : access-list permit ip any any

the pcanywhere works fine with this.

now In place of "permit IP any any" , i want to allow ports 5631 and 5632 only which are used by PCanywhere.

I have tried putting an extended access list specifically permitting port number 5631 abd 5632, but the PC anywhere doesnt seem to work.

Does anybody has any idea how to make it work ?

Thanks in advance.

kanwal

7 Replies 7

jzsides
Level 1
Level 1

pcAnywhere uses tcp ports 5631 and 5632. It also uses udp ports 5631 and 5632. You probably need to create an access-list that opens all four ports.

Josh

jzsides
Level 1
Level 1

I'm sorry. I was wrong about the ports. It should be tcp port 5631 and udp port 5632.

Josh

Thanks for reply Josh.

I already have tried an access list allowing tcp port 5631 and udp 5632 but pcanywhere doesnt seem to work.

it works fine only with " Permit IP any any " but i dont want to use " permit IP any any "

Any other ideas ?

Thanks

kanwal

What version of pcAnywhere?

It is Version 3.0 (6).

Thanks

kanwal

jzsides
Level 1
Level 1

I believe some of the older versions of pcAnywhere uses tcp port 65301 and udp port 22.

Josh

I just did this the other day.

Are you trying to access a pc from the outside(ie.at home)

If so you need to create a static (inside,outside) [legal ip address] [pc that has pc anywhere on it address] netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

and than creat an accesslist with the legal address and the ports that you want open

access-list pcanywhere permit tcp any host 204.x.x.x eq pcanywhere-data

access-list pcanywhere permit tcp any host 204.x.x.x eq 5632

static (inside,outside) 204.x.x.x10.0.50.4 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: