Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACS 1111 Appliance

I am looking for some good information regarding the setup and implementation of the Cisco 1111 appliance. i.e. what do I do with the second NIC, how do I use 2 appliances to ensure reliability and redundancy....... I looked under documention on Cisco.com and it didn't seem to address my questions. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: ACS 1111 Appliance

Yeah, I believe documentation is not very good on this. Any update on this?

No, I still don't have a clue. Except that it there are two nices and only one is active. But that doesn't explain much.

I have just finished insatlling one of these beasts. The reason for the two nics is that it is built on a standard blade server platform. It is built upon a windows server but does not run as a windows server. An IP address is assigned by using the terminal interface and then the rest of the advances stuff can be done by HTTP. It looks nice in a rack, but if you wish to use the functions of the server build one first and then install the ACS software on your own build of server. You do not get a CISCO label on the box and you will need a license for the windows server.

It costs lots of money either way.

Regards,

Steve

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content