Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ACS - HP Proliant??

I was in a data center this week and I saw 2 "cisco appoved" acs servers/unix. Cisco re-badged them so there wasn't a model number.....

It looked like an HP proliant DL-360?? anyone know for sure?

2 REPLIES

Re: ACS - HP Proliant??

Hi,

There are two versions of ACS, a unix version (software only) and a windows version (software only or appliance).

If you're running the unix version then the hardware will be Sun as it's only supported on Solaris.

If you're running the windows software-only version then as long as you've got the supported hardware spec then Cisco will support it, no matter who makes the server.

If you're running the windows appliance then there are a least two versions that I know of, the first is the 1111 which is HP (could be a DL-360, not sure) and the second is the 1112/1113 which has Quanta hardware.

Cisco doesn't have an ACS "approved" vendor as such - as long as the hardware meets the minimum spec then it can be supported (subject to contract).

HTH - plz rate if useful.

Andrew.

Re: ACS - HP Proliant??

OK... it is the 1112.

Thanks!

Views
Helpful
Replies