Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Active/Active PIX Loadbalancing

I posted a message on the Ask The Experts - PIX Firewall topic asking if it was possible to do active/active failover with two PIXen and also have loadbalancing, without having to use a content service switch. The reply back was "yes" but did not elaborate.

I'd be very interested to find the documentation that discusses how to do this on the PIX.

Here is a link to that specific thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.eeaa60e/85#selected_message

1 REPLY

Re: Active/Active PIX Loadbalancing

Honestly, I have no idea what Cihan was referring to when he said you could currently do this. PIX 7.0 is slated to have a limited method for doing active/active failover but at the current time, there is no ability to have an active/active setup without using a CSS. You may want to drop Cihan a line (his e-mail address is posted all over the Ask the Expert thread) and get a better answer from him. Sorry!

Scott

Views
Helpful
Replies