cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

active key problem about a pix

ji.xie
Level 1
Level 1

One pix 520 with unlimited conncetions faulted .so I make RMA for it.When I got the RMA unit,I found this pix has 128 connection restrictions.How can I upgrade this one to unlimited conncetions? thank you in advance.

3 Replies 3

mklaphek
Level 1
Level 1

You ned to contact TAC and get a new activation key. Depending on the software revision of the PIX, you may be able to enter it without reinstalling the PIX OS image. Otherwise, reinstall the same OS you have now and when it asks if you want to enter a new activation key, indicate yes and follow the prompts. See the documents for more details.

hello

thank you for your reply.If i have active key of the fault PIX,Can I enter this active key to the RMA PIX to activate the UR licence? Thank you in advance.

No you cant. The activation key is based on the PIX serial number, so it can't be used on a different PIX. You have to get an activation key specifically for that PIX's serial number (you have to provide the "sho ver" output when requesting the key).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card