cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Address redirection

behindontheturn
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not really sure which forum this should go in?

Is it possible to redirect a desitnation address to a differnt destination address. Here is the senerio: There is a webserver (172.16.x.x)with that needs to talk to a webserver (192.168.x.x) on a different network. In oreder to reach this network the webserver has to go through a PIX and a concentrator.

The problem is the application on the (172)webserver is very sh**ty and can not handle the address of the remote server very well. For example the remote webserver (192) changes its address from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.2. The (172) webserver would have to be rebooted in order to communicate with the remote box.

My question is: Is it possible to have the Pix or the Concentrator change the destination address so that the (172

) webserver can communicate with the (192) webserver on it's new address without rebooting the box?

sorry for how long the post is. Any help is appreciated.

1 Reply 1

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I am not very sure if this can be achieved using PIX. Do you have a range of IP addresses that the 172 server will take or any random address? If it is a fixed range of address, may be something can be done with the help of 'nat' and 'global' commands. I am thinking of something like destination nat on an IOS router, but the reverse of it. Has anyone tried this before?