Views
Helpful
Replies

Advice needed for cheap VPN solution!

PDEdwards
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I need to setup several LAN to LAN VPNs to carry untrusted (public access) IP traffic across a private network. At each site I will use a PIX 501 and L2 switch or a L3 switch. My question is what is the most cost effective method of concentrating the VPNs? There will be no more than 10 VPNs with 10 users at each site so a VPN concentrator seems overkill - can anyone recommend a Cisco product to fulfil this role?

Many thanks for any advice

1 Reply 1

murabi
Level 4
Level 4

Complete these steps in order to open secure access to the VPN Concentrator

Select Configuration > Interfaces. Ensure that the public filter is on the public interface and the private filter is on the private interface.

Select Configuration > Policy Management > Traffic Management > Filters. Choose the public filter and click Assign Rules to Filter. Under Available Rules, select Incoming HTTPS In (forward/in) and click Add. Then select Incoming HTTPS Out (forward/out) and click Add.

Select Configuration > Tunneling and Security > SSL > HTTPS and ensure that HTTPS is enabled as this window shows

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_qanda_item09186a0080094cf4.shtml