Views
Helpful
Replies

AIM VPN/SSL2 and "Unknown card in slot 0" error

amiralisetoudeh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a 2801 router running 12.4(1c) and have installed an AIM VPN/SSL2 card in it. When I boot up, during POST I get the 'Unknown card in slot 0' error.

Is there something I'm missing here? There IS something that I did notice on the card's specs page:

Prerequisites for the DES/3DES/AES VPN Encryption Module (AIM-VPN/SSL-1, AIM-VPN/SSL-2, and AIM-VPN/SSL-3)

Installation Preconditions

•Cisco IOS software Release 12.4(9)T

I believe the IOS I have is a version previous to 12.4(9)T - could that be the cause of the error?

Any input would be appreciated.

-Al

1 Reply 1

vkapoor5
Level 5
Level 5

Try reseating the AIM. For complete installation instructions, refer to Installing Advanced Integration Modules in Cisco 2600 Series, Cisco 3600 Series, and Cisco 3700 Series Routers.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html

To verify that the card is now correctly detected issue the show crypto engine config command. The crypto engine type line should read hardware, and the Configuration field should contain valid hexadecimal numbers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: