Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Airport Express shuts off when VPN avtive

Hi all,

I bought an Airport Express (AE) the other day to stream iTunes tracks to me distant speakers. I am using a laptop, Windows XP, SP 2. I all works brilliantly.

However, the moment I am connecting through VPN (Cisco Client) to my university, AE is no longer recognized.

The VPN is configurated that it only allows IPsec / UDP. Ports cannot be added. It runs on port 1000.

Is there anything I can do to make the AE reappear during a VPN-session? I need to be connected via VPN most of the time.

I would greatly appreciate your input!!

Thanks!

Til

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Airport Express shuts off when VPN avtive

By default, the security appliance allows IPsec packets to bypass interface access control lists (ACLs). In order to allow specific traffic for a VPN tunnel, apply interface access lists. Complete these steps (apart from the basic VPN configuration) on the PIX/ASA:

1. Use the no form of these commands in order to disable sysopt connection permit-ipsec on PIX version 6.3 and sysopt connection permit-VPN on PIX/ASA version 7.x.

2. Create an access-list for traffic that goes into the outside interfaces. Refer to this access-list example in order to allow only Telnet traffic:

access-list outside_in extended permit tcp 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.0 255.255.255.0 eq 23

3. Create an access group and bind it to the outside interface. For example:

access-group outside_in in interface outside

Views
Helpful
Replies