Views
Helpful
Replies

AJ: Cant surf when using proxy

ajarina
Level 1
Level 1

I have a PIX 501 connected to a DSL line and heres the scenario:

If i connect the PIX inside interface directly to a workstation, I would be able to surf and access the internet witout a problem.

But if ill use a proxy to connect between the PIX and the local network, I cant get the workstation to connect to the Internet. My proxy is using wingate and in the local network I have 3 different networks that can access each other. Here is somt troubleshooting that i tried.

From the proxy, I can ping to the inside networks. I can also ping to the PIX inside IP address also but I cant ping to the next hop address in the outside(gateway of PIX). Is there some issue with Wingate or some routing that I need to do? Please advise. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you add routes onto the PIX pointing to the intenal networks, with the proxy as the next hop?

jmia
Level 7
Level 7

Have you got any access-list placed on you PIX ?

i.e. access-list inside permit tcp host any eq www

Let me know...

Jay.

im not hosting a web server so i dont use access-list for www but i do have this to check connectivity.

access-list inbound permit icmp any any

access-group inbound in interface outside

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: