cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Allow all executables in a directory with CSA?

jnewton03
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get CSA to play nice with Altiris. Altiris has a large number of executables in the c:\program files\altiris directory so I'd like to just allow everything in that directory. Please help.

Thanks,

Jake

6 Replies 6

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

@program_files\Altiris\*.exe should do it.

Tom

So just create a custom application class with the above? How do I tell it to allow that application class? btw I'm new with CSA.

Yes, create an app class with those entries.

Once you do that, you can either use the wizard to make exceptions using the app class or add it to the exceptions list in rules that allow it, whatever makes the most sense and is easiest.

Have fun with it...

Tom

Actuallt there is a predefined class for Altiris, look for the Mass software deployment class, if you add it to this it will enable pretty much all altiris needs to do.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do add it? I'm new with CSA.

Well, first off for this to work, you need to have based your policy off the Desktop All Types or similar. Then you find your altiris application location and files/extensions and choose the menu Configuration/Applications/Windows Application Classes, and look for the class named "Mass software deployment applications" this contains SMS and Altiris per default, if you are not hitting this rule, maybe you should check that altiris path/files are correct in the "Software distibution and inventory - Altiris Agent - All exes" File set.