Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Allowing/Opening Ports

I need some help opening ports 13782 and 13720 on my 2621. My "know how" of Cisco router is slim.

I have a 2621 with the IP/FW Feature Pack 12.0(7)XK1 applied. The router has 2 interfaces and seperates two networks, 10.128.x.x (f0/0) and 10.114.x.x (f0/1) I have an access-group applied in on int f0/0 to allow all the servers in the 10.128.x.x network to communicate with the clients in the 10.114.x.x network. This access-group also has a deny statement prohibiting client machines in the 10.128.x.x subnet from access the clients in the 10.114.x.x subnet. There are no access-list/groups defined ont he f0/1 interface because the clients in the 10.114.x.x subnet need access to all machines in the 10.128.x.x subnet.

My backup server (NetBackup 4.5) in the 10.128.x.x subnet needs to backup a client in the 10.114.x.x subnet. I can successfully ping from the server to the client and from the client to the server accross the subnets. My backup server needs to communicate with the client using port 13782 and the client needs to talk to the Backup server using port 13720. I thought that since I permitted my backup server explicit access to the 10.114.x.x subnet that would be sufficient for the communication to take place. I'm not sure why it is not working.

I'm sure this is not at all hard to accomplish but since this is my first Cisco router that I am configuring I need some help allowing traffic to pass through these ports.

Thanks

Casey

• Other Security Subjects
1 REPLY
Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.