Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Another Win XP/VPN Client headache

Win 9x, NT 4.0 Workstation, and 2000 Pro were all a breeze, but XP just doesn't want to cooperate. I can establish a connect/tunnel with our PIX-515, ping addresses on the LAN and resolve via DNS properly and even use Outlook, but can't connect to any network resources. I get messages like: network path not found, network no longer available, the specified server cannot perform the required operation. My setup is XP Pro on a small home LAN with dial-up ISP...currently using VPN Client 3.1.1

I have users stuck in the same boat running XP Pro & Home with VPN Client 3.5 over DirectPC and DSL. I tried taking my PC into the office so that I could create an account for it on the domain and get the office domain in the login box (was running Netswitcher to maintain both settings) to work further with starting the client at logon, but XP doesn't like being yanked out of a 2000 domain and dropped into an NT 4 domain and promptly caused me even more headaches.

1 REPLY

Re: Another Win XP/VPN Client headache

Where you promtped to disable the XP native firewall when you installed the software client? And to my knowledge only V3.5 has been checked out on XP

Views
Helpful
Replies