Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Any setting to make download speed slower

Cisco Router: 1811

IOS: 12.4(6)T11

We recently got a new Internet service (5M/5M) and new router. One of our workstation needs to download big files everyday, but he realized that the download speed is slow being compared to the previous provider (ADSL 12M/768K).

Bandwidth on the new service is obviously narrow than before, but his download speed is always 20K - 80K/sec. It was around 100K - 200K before.

Because speed test always shows good number, I am wondering if there is anything to block or to make the download speed slower in my router setting.

I have not done anything special - Firewall is Low.

Because I do not know about detailed configuration, there might be a setting to restrict the usage of bandwidth, but I just cannot find such a thing in SDM.

One thing I am curious about is SDM_LOW in Inspect Rule under Association. Vlan1 is default and Vlan2 is what I made. Vlan1 has <none> for inbound and outbound, but Vlan2 has SDM_LOW in Inbound. I just ran the wizard, and I did not edit anything there. Because this user belongs to Vlan2, I am wondering if I can remove SDM_Low (inboud) from Vlan2 without any risk.

Or, is there any factor that can cause a slow download speed despite enough bandwidth?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content