cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyone with experience reimaging ASA 5508-x

mawg64
Level 1
Level 1

Reimaging 5508-x because No enable Command and I'm hoping someone has gone through it once or twice and can give me a heads up on any possible pitfalls or odds and ends I need to note ahead of time.  Using the process layed out in Reimage the Cisco ASA or Firepower Threat Defense Device  Depending on how it goes I'll post the results/outcome/walkthrough, or my resume.

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re-imaging - whether FTD to ASA or ASA to FTD - is quite straightforward.

As long as you follow the guide you mentioned carefully it should succeed without issues. I have done a handful and never had a problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re-imaging - whether FTD to ASA or ASA to FTD - is quite straightforward.

As long as you follow the guide you mentioned carefully it should succeed without issues. I have done a handful and never had a problem.

Hello Marvin,

what TFTP software did you use? I tried fttp64 and it is difficult to establish communication between the two.

I also tried using the upgrade option from the FTD GUI but because I have several undeployed configs its unable to go through. is there a way to also clear the deployment queue?

For tftp I use tftpd32. I only use tftp for the smaller boot image. I'm usually directly connected to the appliance for that and haven't had any issues.

The system software is then downloaded using ftp. For that I use Filezilla ftp server.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card